"Spring is a natural resurrection, an experience in immortality." (Henry David Thoreau)
In spring, colours and scents push the cold winter aside and nature slowly awakens.
South Tyrol is one of the most blooming orchards in Europe. This interplay of nature is best experienced during a farm holiday. While the fresh-mild temperatures caress the blooming orchards, the distant summits still shine with a white ice and snow blanket on top.
Discover the extraordinary in spring:
- The weekly guided tour of the orchards with your host Martin, in cooperation with the Kaltern Tourism Board, begins: During a hike of the orchards and the vineyards you'll get to know many interesting things about "integrated apple growing in South Tyrol". A tasting of the different apple varieties rounds off the experience.
- An intensive time begins for farmer Martin: the vines have to be bound and cleaned, the fruit trees and vines have to be newly planted, plant protection starts, and the fruit trees have to be protected from frost at night, which means the one or the other sleepless night for Martin.
- Guided (wine) hikes, bike tours and historic tours through Kaltern, organised by the Kaltern Tourism Board
- Farmers' market in Kaltern
- In the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle the season starts with an explosion of colours and shapes and blooming flowers
- Kaltern Wine Hiking Day with hikes from cellar to cellar
- Cheering at the Lake Kaltern Half Marathon and International Triathlon at Lake Kaltern.
- Enjoying the sea of flowers during a hike through the spring valley Frühlingstal
- A first tour over Lake Kaltern on the paddle boat
- Taste and enjoy the best wines of Kaltern during the Kaltern Wine Party and the "Best of Kaltern" event.
Fam. Martin & Kathrin Pillon
St. Anton 59b